Inspired by www.amazingpaleo.com's coconut bread recipe, I made my own but modified it according to what I have at home.
Instead of using coconut flour (although I made yesterday, it's not enough for today's bread and besides, I have spoiled my blender when I was trying to make my dessicated coconut finer), I used dessicated coconut and added 1/3 of almond powder.
- 1 cup dessicated coconut
- 1/3 cup organic almond powder
- 6 eggs (whisked)
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- oil to spray the baking pan
- 1 tbs natural honey
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line the bread pan with oil and set aside.
3. Mix dry ingredients (dessicated coconut, almond powder, baking soda and sea salt) together in a mixing bowl.
4. Mix wet ingredients (eggs, olive oil, coconut milk and honey) together in a mixing bowl.
5. Combine both wet and dry ingredients. Mix well.
6. Pour mixture into your bread pan and bake for 45 minutes (or until you do the knife-test and it comes out clean).
7. Let cool for 30min to 1hr.
|My two Paleo helpers|
|Paleo for Kids | Coconut and Almond Bread|
One way to encourage them kids to eat what you prepare is to get their hands on whatever you're preparing and give them ownership of the cooking themselves. It's a proved success. -Janet Luison